Estimated reading time: 4-5 minutes
No day at Snowbird is ever the same: summer, fall, winter and spring all bring their unique flavor to the mountain and make every day special. But what remains the same through the seasons is the sense of community and camaraderie, and everyone’s passion and drive to keep growing and succeeding.
People who share a love for the mountains and the outdoors gravitate to Snowbird, and the mountains and terrain make it Utah’s best destination (and one of the best places in the world) to ski and snowboard. . Snowbird is different from other ski resorts and offers year-round fun in both winter and summer, from skiing to hiking and summer biking.
The love, dedication and family atmosphere of their team members and their ability to strive to bring out the best in each other is what keeps employees for over 40 years in the long careers of Snowbirds. Snowbird strives to cultivate and explore the passions of its employees through the shared love and respect for each other and those mountains which then shines through in the experiences of their guests.
Advantages and benefits
Snowbird offers a wide range of benefits that meet the needs of all types of employees, not just avid skiers/boarders.
All employees working 30 hours or more receive medical, dental and vision insurance as well as a 401K and correspondence. Other benefits include:
- Affordable in-resort daycare is available seven days a week at 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (or later) with meals included with subsidized rates of up to 60% ranging from $575 to $850 per month.
- A free winter season pass for the upcoming season that also extends to family dependents, not to mention a limited number of free lift tickets for friends.
- Employee ski days at the beginning and end of the season.
- Summer activity day for employees as well as employee breakfasts and dinners during the holidays.
- Discounts on spas.
- Discounts on accommodation.
- Half price food and drinks, discounts on equipment and clothing.
- Free ski/snowboard lessons.
- Free skiing for you and your dependents at all other POWDR resorts, including free year-round access to Woodward Park City.
- 50% off tickets at all IKON and Mountain Collective resorts (over 50 resorts worldwide!).
Snowbird is a world famous hill station just outside the metropolitan environment. Located just 40 km from downtown and 11 km from the entrance to the canyon, making it the closest ski resort to Salt Lake City. Snowbird partners with the Utah Transit Authority (UTA) for public bus service to the resort from December through April and for a significant number of employee-operated carpool (carpool) vans. Snowbird also partners with Canyon Transportation, the airport shuttle service, to provide a daily schedule of employee shuttles to and from the resort to Salt Lake Valley locations. All of these transportation services are free for employees.
Commitment to the environment and the community
Snowbird is committed to sustainability, and with the help of its employees, they improve air quality, water quality and energy efficiency. Through Snowbird’s Play Forever initiative, we are committed to protecting the environment and inspiring participation in adventure. When you work at Snowbird, you know you’re working for a company committed to protecting the environment, and you’ll have plenty of opportunities to make a difference.
Learn about Snowbird’s environmental and community values and see how Snowbird influences the actions of staff and guests to positively strengthen the place where Utahns and guests live, work and play. Some of the past efforts include:
- 50,000 trees planted on behalf of Snowbird season pass holders.
- $100,000 has been donated to the Utah Food Bank to mitigate the impacts of COVID-19.
- 195,000 lbs of recycled glass since 2017.
- 56,000 lbs of compost diverted from landfills since Snowbird’s composting program launched in March 2021.
You can learn more on Snowbird’s Play Forever webpage.
Top Positions Snowbird Recruits
Banquet Attendants: Join the Snowbird Conferences and Events team this summer and earn $20-$30 per hour and get a free season pass for the upcoming season, which includes passes for summer activities and free scenic tram rides in the summer.
- 30 hours per week on average from June to September (qualified for health benefits.)
- Guaranteed to earn at least $20 per hour on a $15 hourly wage plus $5-$15 per hour tip.
Cooks: Hiring bonus of $1,500 for prep and line cooks ranging from $18 to $19.50 per hour.
Dishwasher : Receive all the benefits mentioned above and pay from $18 per hour.
Snowbird has many other great positions open in conferences and catering, including roles as managers, bartenders, hosts, counter servers and more. Visit the Snowbird jobs webpage for more information.